5 Tips for Home buyers that can prepare you for your next home purchase, and it doesn't have to be stressful for you and your family. Now that you are thinking about making that move, it's time to start looking.
- First, you want to check your credit score to make sure your finances are in order to purchase a home. If you find your credit score is below 700 you will need to start paying down your credit cards and pay your bills on time to raise your credit score so we can find that perfect house.
- Have money set aside for your future investment which could be as much as a 20 percent down payment. You can still purchase a home without putting down 20 percent. I can set you up with a list of Lenders who can help you with your loan package and answer any questions you may have during the process.
- Make adjustments to your budget because this is a long-term expense, month after month, you will need to consider. There will be a mortgage, interest, insurance, property taxes, and homeowner association fees, if any. Will there be more utilities to pay? These are things you need to plan for when buying a home. One thing to remember is that you will get a return on your investment and a tax write off.
- Start preparing your paperwork for the Lender to review such as your Federal Income Tax Returns from the past 2 years and 3 moths of your most recent bank statements. You will also need your most recent paycheck stubs, cancelled checks for rent, utility bill payments, credit cards and for other debts, such as student loans, if any.
- Start searching which neighborhood you would like to live in and which schools you may want your children to attend, if you have kids. I can help and get you all the neighborhood and school statistics for anywhere in Baldwin and Mobile Counties.
Give us a call or e-mail and let's discuss how we, together, can find you your next home that fits all of your needs and wants. I promise that it will be fun and easy to find your new home with our Team of professionals. We are dedicated to exceeding your expectations and giving you the best service and advice available; you can trust ValPointe for all your real estate needs!