Buying your first home in Baldwin County Alabama
Buying your first home or condo doesn’t have to be stressful. Now that you are thinking about buying your first home, it’s time to start looking. Here are a few simple steps to get ready.
- Start by checking your credit score to make sure your finances are in order to purchase a home. If you find your credit score is below 700 you will need to start paying down your credit cards and pay your bills on time to raise your credit score so we can find that perfect house.
- Have money set aside for your future investment which could be as much as a 20 percent down payment. You can still purchase a home without putting down 20 percent. I can set you up with a Lender who can help you with your loan package and answer any questions you may have during the process.
- Make adjustments to your budget because this is a long-term expense. There will be a mortgage, interest, insurance, property taxes, and homeowner association fees, if any. Will there be more utilities to pay? These are things you need to plan for when buying your first home. One thing to remember is that you will get a return on your investment and a tax write off every year.
- Start preparing your paperwork for the Lender to review such as your Federal Income Tax Returns from the past 2 years and 3 months of your most recent bank statements. You will also need your most recent paycheck stubs, cancelled checks for rent, utility bill payments, credit cards, and if you have student loans or other debts.
- We can start searching which neighborhood you would like to live in and if you have kids, which schools you want them to attend. We can get you neighborhood and school statistics for anywhere in Baldwin County.
- Home Ownership Matters!